Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Motion365 - Day 009: Lust

This is a duplicate blog entry from Motion365, my personal dance adventure from 2010-2011.  Notable entries have been copied to this blog so students and fellow dancers may enjoy the ponderings and combos created from the experience.

December 28, 2010
Song: Lust by Bas Sheva from Strip

Today one of my motion dreams came to fruition.  I begin a long-awaited journey to explore the art and athleticism of pole fitness and dance.

Lust, identified with sexual desire, is also defined an as ardent enthusiasm, zest, or relish.  Throughout tonight’s Motion365 I relished the feel of my body making acquaintance with my new dance partner.  Some movements - like undulations and hip gyrations - already feel at home in my body and wink in and out of my movement exploratory.  It’s a flirt, a tease, a celebration of my sensuality.

Other movements - outside my existing motion vocabulary - leave me feeling a bit awkward and clumsy.  Equal measures of giggles, foolishness, and naivety mix within me.  It’s as though I’m a child playing dress up in an exhibitionist’s closet.  How I desire to feel at home in her realm; to look in the mirror and see muscular arms, a toned core, and sex appeal seeping through my pores.  I want to feel confidence and radiance in this unfamiliar territory.

I take comfort in knowing these are my first attempts at crawling in a new world.  I’ll start with a slink around my partner, a slide down its side, and a twirl around its base.  I’ll hold tight to its strength with the knowledge it takes crawling to eventually work up to my first trembling steps.

Eventually, my unsteady footing will plant in solid ground and (in an oxymoron of epic proportions) my wings will expand and take flight in aerial maneuvers.

I crave twirls, spins, inversions.  I yearn for long lines, graceful level changes, and upper body strength.  I lust for a partnership where I become one with my partner and my partner becomes one with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment