Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Motion365 - Day 087: Dati-Mi Pace

This is a partially duplicated blog entry from Motion365, my personal dance adventure from 2010-2011.  Notable entries have been copied to this blog so students and fellow dancers may enjoy the ponderings and combos created from the experience.

March 16, 2011
Song: Dati-Mi Pace (5:20) by August Hoerr from Tribal Beats, Vol. 2

Life is a funny ride.  Not funny as in ha-ha, but funny as in different.  One day may be filled with downs sinking so low it’s as though your trolley has plummeted into the deepest recesses of the earth and the next may be so filled with inspiration it’s as though you have been given wings to soar into the great beyond.

I find solace in movement and pleasure in dancing my motion to sounds.  It isn’t any big surprise then that music speaks to me.  It is quite common for me to seek out a song which synchs with my emotional palette.  At times the lyrics seem to be an extension of my being and at others it’s the mixing of chords which mirror my mood.

Today’s musical exploration reminds me of a saunter or a trek.  It’s a musical journey involving multiple players in my body with each receiving opportunity to travel or stay, speak their word or embrace a silence.  Sometimes it’s a confident bound forward, a backward stumble, or perhaps even a side step.  What’s important is each movement is a discovery, an opportunity for growth, a moment to heal.

A note I wanted to add…  I found myself repeating the following combination which also works for traveling backward:
1-2:  Step forward R with camel
3-4:  Maya (R-L)
5-6:  Step forward L with camel
7-8:  Maya (L-R)

No comments:

Post a Comment