Saturday, July 9, 2011

Motion365 - Day 202: I’m a Slave 4 U

This is a duplicate blog entry from Motion365, my personal dance adventure from 2010-2011.  Notable entries have been copied to this blog so students and fellow dancers may enjoy the ponderings and combos created from the experience.

July 9, 2011
Song: I’m a Slave 4 U (3:23) by Britney Spears from Britney

Around the time Britney released the video for this jingle, she started learning bellydance.  You can see its influence in the camels, snake arms, and rib rotations ever-present in the video.  This was also around the time I started bellydancing.  I was enamored with the art form, the charasematic being who embraced it, and - most importantly - with the confidence and self-beauty I felt while partaking in it.  Even now, years later, I am still greeted with the butterflies of anticipation and excitement when this song takes over the airwaves.

And featured here is my favorite rendition of this song.  You know the one I’m talking about…the 2001 VMAs including the effects of rain and a giant snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment