Friday, August 12, 2011

Motion365 - Day 236: Moves Like Jagger

This is a duplicate blog entry from Motion365, my personal dance adventure from 2010-2011.  Notable entries have been copied to this blog so students and fellow dancers may enjoy the ponderings and combos created from the experience.

August 12, 2011
Song: Moves Like Jagger (3:21) by Maroon 5 from Hand All Over

Today I again witnessed the beauty and healing of movement.  With several students (and even myself) having a rough day and all seemingly at our breaking points, we started class with a mini cry and vent.  Then, as we transitioned into movement, the smiles came and giggles started.  Although the dancing didn’t heal the wounds and didn’t take away the challenges to come, it did allow some time for celebration of life and present health.

Ah, movement.  What can I say?  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment