Monday, December 20, 2010

Motion365 - Day 001: Adir Adirim

This is a partially duplicated blog entry from Motion365, my personal dance adventure from 2010-2011.  Notable entries have been copied to this blog so students and fellow dancers may enjoy the ponderings and combos created from the experience.

December 20, 2010
Song: Adir Adirim (5:21) by Balkan Beat Box from Tribal Beats, Vol. 2.

It is the first day of this movement experience, and I greet it with both enthusiasm and hesitance. 

The comfort of a warm shower loosens my body to movement and relaxes my mind to the drum beat of my heart.  Ah, yes.  There it is - the desire to free my body, release my mind, engage my soul.  My trusty sidekick, docked in its station, begins the call.  Bub-bub-ba bub-bub-ba.  Bub-bub-ba bub-bub-ba.  Bub-bub-ba bub-bub-ba.  Mm-uh.

At first I feel a trifle bit silly adorned in work attire and attempting to groove to a tune I so strongly desire to master with the nuances of my body.  The perfection monster screams in my ears to stop, to constructively put together choreographed moves, and to remove the faults from these imperfect steps coming forth at random.

In hushed tones and with feathered gentleness, the dancer in my soul whispers, “Peace. Joy. Love. Acceptance. Discovery.”  Slowly, my mind receives the imperfections as opportunities for consideration.  Motion has no flaws, only Synchronicities Welcoming Artistic Lingering Flare - or flaws spelled backward.

My body begins to explore habitual patterns and then tweaks them for new variations.

1-4: (Facing the front L corner) R Hip Drop Ronde de Jambe (front, side, back).  Step Back.
5-8: Ribs R-L. Pelvic Lift-Drop.
1-4: (Facing the front R corner) L Hip Drop Ronde de Jambe (front, side, back).  Step Back.
5-8: Ribs L-R.  Pelvic Lift-Drop.

As I finally settle in to my body and the repetition of a new pattern, the music draws to a close and I am left hungry for my next Motion365.

No comments:

Post a Comment