Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Motion365 - Day 045: Temperature

This is a duplicate blog entry from Motion365, my personal dance adventure from 2010-2011.  Notable entries have been copied to this blog so students and fellow dancers may enjoy the ponderings and combos created from the experience.

February 2, 2011
Song: Temperature (3:37) by Sean Paul from The Trinity

Tonight I enjoyed great fun RAQ’n out to Britney Spears and giggling over unending silliness with a student in my bellydance class.  I am blessed by our dual explorations of movement throughout the time together!  Many thanks to M (you know who you are)!

As we danced and played this evening, my student mentioned every time she hears Temperature (mostly when she’s traveling in her uber-adorable MINI Cooper) her bum just gets a bouncing and grooving.  For her, it’s one of those special tunes that reaches into her body and just takes over.  I can relate.  There is some music which simply screams to be explored and danced to!

Following M’s lead, I chose to use Temperature as today’s Motion365.  The rhythm is sassy and the beat is wicked and my hips certainly responded to the playtime.  Shimmies.  Oomies.  Pelvic Twists.  With a few rib rotations and shoulder rolls thrown in for good measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment